- Used from 4 months of age/as soon as the baby can hold its own head, until 3 years of age or up to 20kg’s
- Incredibly light weight at 580 grams
- Most of the weight of the child sits on the hips instead of the shoulders because of the padded hip belt
- The chest belt takes the sensation of weight off the shoulders and keeps the shoulder straps from slipping down
- The buckles allow for easy and efficient strapping and unstrapping
- Child has freedom of arm movement
- The hood, which supports the sleeping child’s head, is adjustable as they grow
- The design protects the child from over-stimulation in the environment
- design supports the development needs of the legs and spine for this age
Since we can remember Mothers have carried babies close to their bodies; not only to leave their hands free for the multi-tasking all Mothers perform, but because research has shown that babies are happier in close body contact with their caregivers.
Understanding the needs of both Mother and child, African Baby Carriers offers a range of carriers that are designed to be ergonomically healthy for the adult, and support the healthy physical development of the child.
African Baby Carriers are made using Denim and Hemp materials for their superior durability, fabrics that respond to climate by being cool in Summer and warm in Winter, with our design providing strong support for the correct development of the child’s spine and hips. A hood specially designed offers 100% support for the child’s head while sleeping.
Original Baby Carrier
Machine washable as is on gentle 30 degree cycle